Saturday, November 13, 2010

#41: Chewy Chocolate Toffee Cookies


i was looking around for a tasty sweet dessert to gift for my friend's birthday. after browsing around smitten kitchen's website, i stumbled upon this recipe: Chocolate Toffee Cookies. I love the combination of toffee and chocolate. It's actually reminiscent of those See's candy milk chocolate toffee bars that people used to sell for fundraisers in school. Anyways, I decided to try this recipe out. I was pretty amazed with how much chocolate the recipe calls for (1 lb). I realized quickly it's mostly chocolate with a bit of flour to keep the cookie intact. The recipe yielded a pretty large batch of cookies so I was able to share with many people. Lots of people said it was like a brownie cookies, which I would agree with. The cookie also has toffee bits and walnuts which add a nice bite. So for all you chocaholics out there...this one's for you.

1 comment: