Wednesday, November 10, 2010

#40: An Excuse to Eat Cupcakes for Breakfast

As I was brainstorming ideas of a sweet treat to make for my friend's birthday, I remembered that she loves bacon. I know it's trendy these days to use bacon in desserts so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to try something out. I decided to make Maple French Toast & Bacon cupcakes. I used the cupcake recipe from here and the frosting recipe from here. The french toast flavors really come through from the nutmeg and cinnamon paired alongside a sweet maple buttercream frosting. I used bacon as a garnish on top of the cupcake. The bacon added a nice smoky, savory contrast to the sweet cupcake. The beauty is that you can eat these cupcakes for dessert OR breakfast...and not even feel guilty about it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment