Tuesday, December 22, 2009

#16: Sweet and Sticky Brown Buttercrunch Cookies


For the annual Christmas Cookie Exchange this year, I decided to try out a brand spanking new recipe. I seem to have this habit recently of precariously trying out new recipes for outside consumption. I found this recipe from an old Mrs. Fields cookie cookbook. After a couple fairly disastrous batches (the cookies wouldn't come off of the wax paper, and one batch got burnt), I had barely enough cookies to bring to the exchange - 2 per person. Out of the oven, these cookies came out super thin and flat. To effectively make these cookies, you have to work quickly and be willing to burn your finger tips a bit because you roll them around a wooden spoon to get the cylindrical shape. After the cookies completely cool and harden, you can dip them in a chocolate ganache and let the chocolate harden. Although it was nearly a nightmare to make, I was pretty happy with the result. I'm going to make these cookies again for Christmas - but this time i will be armed and ready.

Stay tuned...more holiday baking to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment