Sunday, December 6, 2009

#14: Fries, Sweet!


Potato fries, heavy on the sweet. with garlic lemon mayo on the side. I made this for a Sunday-after-Thanksgiving potluck. I figured I would do a little twist on the traditional Thanksgiving sweet potato, plus I was pretty tired of Thanksgiving food. I peeled 5 sweet potatoes and cut them into thin strips. I then tossed the fries in olive oil and put them in the oven for almost an hour. The dip was non-fat mayo with finely cut garlic and some fresh lemon juice (from a lemon from my backyard tree!). The mayo recipe came from Giada De Laurentis and the sweet potato recipe was a combo of recipes I found on AllRecipes.com . A nice tasty non-fried snack and not too hard on the waste line.

1 comment:

  1. you spelled waist wrong. unless you were talking about something else.

    ReplyDelete