Sunday, November 1, 2009

#10: Cupcake Mania

This week was filled with cupcakes upon cupcakes. For my birthday, my sister gave me a Martha Stewart cupcake book. i tested out the red velvet and cream cheese recipes a couple weeks ago as a practice round - and then made the cupcakes for real this week.


after sharing my baked goods and cupcake camp news with my manager at work, he asked me to make cupcakes for our colleague's baby shower. he requested they be pink and blue (because she is having twins - a boy and girl). i decided to take the colors to the extreme. i made pink and blue - mini red velvet cupcakes with pink and blue cream cheese frosting. i then topped the cupcakes with some white sprinkles and a plastic toy pacifier (probably should've written out a warning that the pacifiers were not edible). i made 40 cupcakes for the shower and they were a hit! i also got to practice with my new pastry bags/tips.


The friday before halloween, my office had a Halloween dessert contest. I figured I would try out my Pumpkin Spice cupcakes that I entered at Cupcake Camp. However, this time I used a mini bundt cake tin rather than a regular cupcake tin. The cakes turned out a little different. i think the cupcakes were better than these bundt cakes (the cupcakes had a higher frosting/sprinkles to cake ratio). As it turns out - my bundt cakes did not win the competition this time around....so maybe next time i should stick with the cupcake tin.



i made these monster cupcakes for a halloween/birthday party for a friend. these were also red velvet cupcakes with green cream cheese frosting. i used my martha stewart cupcake book again as inspiration for the decorations: marshmallows (with milk chocolate pupils), twizzlers, gum drops, and airheads.






No comments:

Post a Comment