Sunday, October 11, 2009

#9: The Cupcakes that made it to camp!













If you've been following my blog, you were well aware from my last post, that i missed the deadline to submit cupcakes for cupcake camp. Well...it's pretty amazing how the internet works, because the organizer of Cupcake Camp saw my blog post, commented, and said that she could squeeze me into cupcake camp!

Later in the week, they sent out a schedule of all the cupcakes, and i was so intimidated. i was still thinking through ideas of what kind of cupcakes to make/how to decorate them, so i realized i needed to step up my game. fred got pretty into it too, and really helped with the conceptual piece and execution.

For the competition, I went with a Pumpkin Spice cupcake (modified from Martha Stewart) and a Cookies 'n Cream cupcake (modified from AllRecipes.com). I entered the Pumpkin Spice into 2 categories: Best Halloween and Best Decorated, and I entered the Cookies 'n Cream into Best Decorated. When they announced the winners of the competition, I was announced as the winner for Best Halloween (Pumpkin Spice), and the runner-up for Best Decorated (Cookies 'n Cream). I was so surprised, and very appreciative. It was nice to be acknowledged for all the hard work.

I was really happy with how they turned out. All the time spent thinking about cupcakes, and actually making and decorating the cupcakes really paid off. This is one of the first times in awhile that I've really done something for myself...just because I wanted to. It really feels good.

Visit cupcakecamp.org to see the announcement of the winners for the competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment