Tuesday, May 26, 2009

(simple food)

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Let me do a little bit of free advertising here, featuring Sprinkles.

The first time I saw a Sprinkles cupcake, I knew I was in for a great surprise. This indulgent treat sends sparks to my taste buds and satisfies my sweet tooth. About 6 months ago, Sprinkles shared its secrets with the world and launched canned cupcake mixes of 3 flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, and Red Velvet.


While Sprinkles cupcakes are normally $3.25 each. You can make your very own homemade cupcakes for around $1.50 per cupcake (including the mix, butter, milk, eggs, powdered sugar, vanilla). With these savings, the quality of the cupcake is comparable and much more affordable.






I tried it myself this weekend and I was pretty satisfied with the results. I especially love refrigerating the cupcakes because the frosting hardens and the texture is more pleasing when you bite into the cupcake.

Just be careful you don't eat too many. Between you and me, the recipe (for 12 cupcak
es) calls for 3 sticks of butter total. So take it easy.





No comments:

Post a Comment