Wednesday, November 21, 2012

# 57: Savory Chocolate Throwdown


Back in September, we had a Chocolate Throwdown at work with a sweet and savory category.  Of course I entered the savory side to challenge myself.  I considered recipes like Chocolate Chorizo Bruschetta, Chocolate Covered Bacon, and Chocolate Pasta.  After spending quite a bit of time researching recipes (many more hours than you might think!), I finally stumbled upon a recipe that looked interesting, creative, and yummy! - this was the White Chocolate Vanilla Parsnip Soup.  I ran a test batch and ended up eating for days and days.  I was quite happy with the finished product so I decided I would go with the soup.  I was really happy with the finished product and presentation and I was eager to submit my entry.  The funny thing is that one of my colleagues made the same soup - so immediately my dish wasn't looking very original. After the judging and voting my soup won second place in the Savory category.  And no, I didn't lose to the other soup - but a giant chocolate covered cheese ball!

Soup is garnished with dark chocolate dusted croutons and a sprig of dill.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment