Saturday, May 22, 2010

#31: A Springy Dinner


a couple weeks ago i planned to make dinner for my parents and decided to opt for making a light spring dinner. i had some leftover carnitas in the freezer that i slow cooked a couple weeks before, so i tried to think about what i could do with the meat. i decided to make paninis (with our very cool panini press). I spread a cranberry chutney (wich craft jar - tom collichio) on the bread and added carnitas, caramelized onions, and pepper jack cheese to get the melted ooey gooeyness. For the bread, I bought a multigrain bread from Trader Joe's. I also bought some small red/golden/purple potatoes and roasted them in the oven with salt, pepper, and dried rosemary (not as good as fresh rosemary but still tasty). The potatoes took about an hour total to cut, boil, dress, and roast. Then to finish off the plate I tossed some salad greens with a housemade balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing (with salt/pepper). The meal took me about an hour to prepare and serve...better multi-tasking and timing than i expected. I'll definitely try this out in different variations again for a nice spring/summery meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment