Tuesday, April 20, 2010

#27: Lemon Curd on Cupcakes


i was asked to make some cupcakes for a brunch last weekend so i flipped through my Martha Stewart cupcake book to see what caught my eye. Lemon always seems like a good choice, especially in the spring (even though supposedly they are a winter fruit - seems counter-intuitive, i know), and it's always nice to use some of the lemons from the tree in the backyard. I chose a lemon curd cupcake recipe. I made the lemon curd the night before to chill over night. Lemon curd seems intimidating to make, but it was actually pretty easy and turned out well. The next morning I made the cupcakes; they were more dense than your typical cupcake. I think this was due to adding cream cheese into the cupcake batter (which I have never done before). I topped the cupcakes with powdered sugar and then piped the lemon curd on top. The cupcake resembles an egg (with yolk and white), which seemed kind of fitting for a brunch. However, the decadent and rich cupcake was definitely a dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment