Sunday, February 14, 2010

#22: Happy Valentine's Day!


Valentine's Day is a great holiday excuse to bake! I looked for inspiration from my Martha Stewart cupcake book, and then blended a few recipes together to come up with these Valentine's Day cupcakes. Vanilla cupcake (Magnolia bakery recipe), with strawberry frosting (adaptation from Ms. Stewart), and a truffle brownie on top (from my own personal collection of recipes). I used frozen strawberries - pureed, and added to a buttercream frosting. The consistency of the frosting turned out kind of strange with the addition of the strawberries...I'll need to work on that. However, the cupcakes came out nice and moist, and the truffle brownies always seem to taste great. Overall, tasty cupcake.

I also tried out my new cupcake stand for display :)

No comments:

Post a Comment